Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 2/28-3/4
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "The lime-and-salt thing is for beginners." The Cocktail Issue: Border Grill's Sangrita + A Recipe.
- "It looks a bit more like an 18-wheeler crossed with a Che Guevara T-shirt shop." [Updated] Jamie Oliver Launches L.A. Food Revolution Truck.
- "Wait a second. How can I do that when there's people like Jeff Koons around?" Q & A With Fred Eric, Part 2: Chefs Who Fast, The Cost of Tuna Salad + The Importance of David Bowie.
- "No one comes into The Foundry without talking to me." The Foundry Hosts Top Chef Casting Call.
- "Don't tell Emily Post, but Perkins is not a pedigreed bourbon maker who is bringing back the rye tradition. In fact, he's relatively new to this whole crazy moonshine thing." High West: The Spirit Of The Rye, Rye West + Their Newest Double Rye Release.
- "It's more like judging ice skating, with rigorous technical criteria and exacting specifications for aesthetic vagaries." Judging the 2011 Southwest Regional Barista Championship: March 4-6.
- "Yes, we are fairly certain Yvan Valentin never sleeps." Best Airport Breakfast: Pastry Chef Yvan Valentin's Croissants At LAX (Yes, Really).
- "Surely the culinary and financial shortcomings of LAX's food fight would be more tolerable if we could imbibe in a bottled beer at our gate. OK, maybe two beers." Open Container Airport Laws: Houston Has To-Go Beer, Why Not LAX?
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Big Fat Jerks Set Rocio's Mole de los Dioses on Fire, McWhoppers for Peace and More:...
- Huitlacoche Is No Scourge In L.A. Here's Where to Find the Funky Mexican Corn Fungus
- No One Wants To Use Your Stupid Restaurant App
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our...