Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 2/28-3/4
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "The lime-and-salt thing is for beginners." The Cocktail Issue: Border Grill's Sangrita + A Recipe.
- "It looks a bit more like an 18-wheeler crossed with a Che Guevara T-shirt shop." [Updated] Jamie Oliver Launches L.A. Food Revolution Truck.
- "Wait a second. How can I do that when there's people like Jeff Koons around?" Q & A With Fred Eric, Part 2: Chefs Who Fast, The Cost of Tuna Salad + The Importance of David Bowie.
- "No one comes into The Foundry without talking to me." The Foundry Hosts Top Chef Casting Call.
- "Don't tell Emily Post, but Perkins is not a pedigreed bourbon maker who is bringing back the rye tradition. In fact, he's relatively new to this whole crazy moonshine thing." High West: The Spirit Of The Rye, Rye West + Their Newest Double Rye Release.
- "It's more like judging ice skating, with rigorous technical criteria and exacting specifications for aesthetic vagaries." Judging the 2011 Southwest Regional Barista Championship: March 4-6.
- "Yes, we are fairly certain Yvan Valentin never sleeps." Best Airport Breakfast: Pastry Chef Yvan Valentin's Croissants At LAX (Yes, Really).
- "Surely the culinary and financial shortcomings of LAX's food fight would be more tolerable if we could imbibe in a bottled beer at our gate. OK, maybe two beers." Open Container Airport Laws: Houston Has To-Go Beer, Why Not LAX?
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.