In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "What does Tony Curtis have in common with Emperor Franz Josef I? Do you even have to ask?" 99 Things To Eat in L.A. Before You Die: Sherry Yard's Kaiserschmarrn.
- "Sound like an extortion scheme worthy of Tony Soprano?" Yelp Slapped with Class Action Lawsuit.
- "I'm leaving because I'm opening my own place." The Separation of Church and State: Walter Manzke Is Leaving the Bistro.
- "If you have one jar of oyster sauce in your house, American food will taste much better." Lunch with Jazz: Jitlada's Sarintip Singsanong Talks About Chiles, Oyster Sauce & the Importance of Giving Back."
- "It is not a great food city. It is an almost-very good one." Rob Eshman Gives 10 Reasons Why Saveur is Wrong about L.A.
- "Since when did the home of Rodeo Drive, Spago and the glittering Golden Globes become L.A.'s newest after-dark club scene." Bar210's Marcel Vigneron: Bringing Sexy to Beverly Hills' Nightclub Scene.
- "Thus, while the official winners of this year's LA Cupcake Challenge, which were announced last night, will be showered in titles and esteem, we'd also like to recognize those unsung competitors who went above and beyond, tenaciously tasting all 40 cupcakes and proudly then lining their canvas bags with more." La Creme de la L.A. Cupcake Challenge: DrinkEatPlay announces Cupcake Challenge Winners.
- "If you're the sort of person who spends your free time stalking Intelligentsia baristas, hanging out at cupping events, waiting for your next caffeine fix at LAMILL, and longing for the day when you can pull espresso shots from your very own La Marzocco, then you have someplace to be this weekend." Java Men (And Women): The Western Regional Barista Competition, Held in L.A. This Weekend.