In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "So much can happen between two slices of bread." 10 Best Sandwiches in Los Angeles.
- "Maybe Jazz will give you some more Thai tea and pat your hand. Maybe Matt Groening will draw on your napkin." 5 Stages of Grief: The Jonathan Gold Model.
- "And a guy who played the piano at Stars when he was only 14 bought a book with Tower's signature as a memento." Jeremiah Tower's Cookbook Collection.
- "The man who built an empire on the stuff flat-out says, "I hate fondant. I don't like eating it." Apparently, neither should you." Duff Goldman Admits: He Hates Fondant.
- "We are genuinely awestruck at the brainpower behind this potentially life-saving device, but as Lit majors, we pray that the product will come with a user's manual with lots of pictures, fewer words and a point-and-shoot app to let us know if the rib-eye in our fridge has gone south or not." Food Poisoning Detector Coming to Your Smartphone?
- "Whether he's a greater expert on SGV or N.W.A is still debated." Jonathan Gold's 99 Essential Restaurants, in Rap Form.
- "Imagine the galleys. Imagine the signing parties." Ecco Announces First 3 Bourdain Titles: Roy Choi and Some Other People.
- "My grandfather still calls Cesar Chavez Avenue 'Brooklyn Avenue,' so I get how important these identifications can be." Meet Your Food Blogger: Valentina Silva of Eastside Food Bites.