Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 2/20-2/24
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "So much can happen between two slices of bread." 10 Best Sandwiches in Los Angeles.
- "Maybe Jazz will give you some more Thai tea and pat your hand. Maybe Matt Groening will draw on your napkin." 5 Stages of Grief: The Jonathan Gold Model.
- "And a guy who played the piano at Stars when he was only 14 bought a book with Tower's signature as a memento." Jeremiah Tower's Cookbook Collection.
- "The man who built an empire on the stuff flat-out says, "I hate fondant. I don't like eating it." Apparently, neither should you." Duff Goldman Admits: He Hates Fondant.
- "We are genuinely awestruck at the brainpower behind this potentially life-saving device, but as Lit majors, we pray that the product will come with a user's manual with lots of pictures, fewer words and a point-and-shoot app to let us know if the rib-eye in our fridge has gone south or not." Food Poisoning Detector Coming to Your Smartphone?
- "Whether he's a greater expert on SGV or N.W.A is still debated." Jonathan Gold's 99 Essential Restaurants, in Rap Form.
- "Imagine the galleys. Imagine the signing parties." Ecco Announces First 3 Bourdain Titles: Roy Choi and Some Other People.
- "My grandfather still calls Cesar Chavez Avenue 'Brooklyn Avenue,' so I get how important these identifications can be." Meet Your Food Blogger: Valentina Silva of Eastside Food Bites.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Chef Michael Cimarusti Launches Dock to Dish, California's First Restaurant-Supported...
- Walk Through Greenspan's Grilled Cheese to Get to an Adorably Odd New Restaurant
- What to Taste and Do at L.A. Times' the Taste
- This Indian Restaurant Row Has Mumbai Snacks and Solid Pakistani Meals at a Best Western