In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "I'd never seen a microwaved tlayuda before, and I hope never to see one again." Ask Mr. Gold: A Mole Here, A Mole There.
- "Wear your buffet pants." Surviving The LA Cupcake Challenge: A Judge's Perspective.
- "What this means is that you can hydrate yourself with a selection of limited edition, microbiologically pure water from a 500 million year old rock formation." A Water Menu? Now That's Bazaar.
- "So I am opening the door to interested parties, for anybody out there reading this." Q & A With Joël Robuchon: "Los Angeles Is Somewhere That I am Extremely Interested In."
- "I'm a diehard guy." A Fire This Time: TiGeorges' Haitian Chicken Restaurant Closes.
- "Ferran Adrià knows how to control a news cycle like an immersion circulator, although he'd probably rather not be at the center of this one.'" ElBulli Update: Adrià not Closing his Restaurant Exactly, Just Reinventing It.
- "We're not serving [the food] in the steamers." Shu Mai & Har Gow on Wheels: Dim Sum Trucks Rolls Into Los Angeles.
- "Now he's got a much shorter commute." America's Top Bartender Is Now Tending Bar At the Edison.