Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 2/15 - 2/19
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "I'd never seen a microwaved tlayuda before, and I hope never to see one again." Ask Mr. Gold: A Mole Here, A Mole There.
- "Wear your buffet pants." Surviving The LA Cupcake Challenge: A Judge's Perspective.
- "What this means is that you can hydrate yourself with a selection of limited edition, microbiologically pure water from a 500 million year old rock formation." A Water Menu? Now That's Bazaar.
- "So I am opening the door to interested parties, for anybody out there reading this." Q & A With Joël Robuchon: "Los Angeles Is Somewhere That I am Extremely Interested In."
- "I'm a diehard guy." A Fire This Time: TiGeorges' Haitian Chicken Restaurant Closes.
- "Ferran Adrià knows how to control a news cycle like an immersion circulator, although he'd probably rather not be at the center of this one.'" ElBulli Update: Adrià not Closing his Restaurant Exactly, Just Reinventing It.
- "We're not serving [the food] in the steamers." Shu Mai & Har Gow on Wheels: Dim Sum Trucks Rolls Into Los Angeles.
- "Now he's got a much shorter commute." America's Top Bartender Is Now Tending Bar At the Edison.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.