Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 2/15 - 2/19
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "I'd never seen a microwaved tlayuda before, and I hope never to see one again." Ask Mr. Gold: A Mole Here, A Mole There.
- "Wear your buffet pants." Surviving The LA Cupcake Challenge: A Judge's Perspective.
- "What this means is that you can hydrate yourself with a selection of limited edition, microbiologically pure water from a 500 million year old rock formation." A Water Menu? Now That's Bazaar.
- "So I am opening the door to interested parties, for anybody out there reading this." Q & A With Joël Robuchon: "Los Angeles Is Somewhere That I am Extremely Interested In."
- "I'm a diehard guy." A Fire This Time: TiGeorges' Haitian Chicken Restaurant Closes.
- "Ferran Adrià knows how to control a news cycle like an immersion circulator, although he'd probably rather not be at the center of this one.'" ElBulli Update: Adrià not Closing his Restaurant Exactly, Just Reinventing It.
- "We're not serving [the food] in the steamers." Shu Mai & Har Gow on Wheels: Dim Sum Trucks Rolls Into Los Angeles.
- "Now he's got a much shorter commute." America's Top Bartender Is Now Tending Bar At the Edison.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.