In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "They're filled with custard, you could eat a million of them, and you get to gripe about how they're not as good as the ones you had on the Big Island on your last surf trip. Mission accomplished." Ask Mr. Gold: Mmmmm, Doughnuts!
- "Otherwise, it will be just another forgettable chain with a lame technology gimmick." Stacked: iPad-Driven Restaurant to Open in Torrance.
- "You don't have to experience your meal on a meta level, readjusting your rapidly cooling soup for the best possible photo angle, comprising Facebook status updates while you chew, or dashing off to the bathroom to tweet your meal between courses." Put Down Your ePhing iPhone and Eat Night.
- "Indians do eat those things, but not nearly as much as we do (or think that they do)." Venn Food Diagrams: L.A.'s Idea of Indian Food vs. What Indians Really Eat.
- "'I am thinking Metropolitan Farmstead has a nice ring to it.'" [Updated]: Dervaes Family Trademarks "Urban Homestead" Term: Legal Battle Follows.
- "This one actually managed to crash our phone's GPS on three separate occasions." Top 5 Least-Google-Friendly L.A. Restaurants.
- "I didn't have a whole chicken, so I just used part of one." 7 Ways to Make Recipes Work.
- "Like developers exploiting air rights to erect 50-story skyscrapers onto puny parcels of land, Lazy Ox's burger doesn't command much of a footprint, but it's a towering stack of meat with a powerful punch." 30 Burgers in 30 Days: Lazy Ox Canteen (Day 12).
- "Because if you don't die, you're getting it on for sure. How boy." Top 10 Aphrodisiac Foods for Valentine's Day.