Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 12/31 - 1/4
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "'I cannot run two houses,' Laguerre told us by phone this morning." TiGeorges' Chicken Closing the End of January.
- "And no, you don't have to worry about your photo of Kiriko's omakase sashimi plate ending up in, say, an ad for sneakers without your permission, so hashtag away." DineLA's Restaurant Week Starts January 21: Decisions, Decisions.
- "Like a bare tree in winter, some winter drinks are meant to be austere: dry, direct, bracing, with the sort of thrust that allows its effects to make a beeline to the belly." Winter Drinks, Part 1: Scotch & Lime.
- "There's an app for that ... food allergy?" New 'Mobile Lab' App Detects Allergens in Food.
- "The stewy, spicy conchinita pibil we tried was every bit as good as the original, served on those chewy, corn-rich tortillas." Now Open: Guisados in Echo Park.
- "Lack of official recognition, however, does not make the triple IPA any less formidable." Top 5 Triple IPAs of 2012: Pliny The Younger Be Damned.
- "The poor plant has been unceremoniously ripped out of the ground for thousands of years to treat everything from madness to arthritis to asthma to 'the female affliction.'" What's In Season at the Farmers Market: Stinging Nettles + A Recipe For Nettle Pancakes.
- "If you're still reading this, you are probably wondering if the lids fit both regular mouth Mason jars (70mm) and wide-mouth (86mm)." Product Review: Re-CAP Mason Jar Lids, The Adult Sippy Cup.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.