In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
Happy New Year everybody.
- "Sweetened and condescended milk." Squid Ink Top 10: Foodie Typos.
- "I kind of lost a little faith in Spanish restaurants in L.A., because the quality wasn't nearly as good as I thought it could be. But it's getting better. I go to The Bazaar a lot." Meet Your NBA Champion Foodie: Pau Gasol Talks El Bulli, Bazaar, Kobe and More.
- "I don't do New Year's resolutions because I don't want to fail. I live day by day." LA Chefs' New Year's Resolutions.
- "I keep thinking of macaroons as the coconut hockey pucks Junior's makes for Passover." Ask Mr. Gold: Finding Macaroons, From Eye-Popping Colors to Chocolate with Sea Salt.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "It reminds me of Conrad's Heart of Darkness; the kitchen is like the center of the unconscious; it's where the sweat and language break down and where the creative process takes place." Your Server's Other Job: Tobias Jelinek Talks The Nickel Diner, Point Break Live, Carnie Sideshows and Buddhist Monks.
- "When in uniform you're always, to some degree, on duty and need to stay close at hand. Even his choice of seat-- the corner, his back to the wall, his eyes overlooking the restaurant-- is completely tactical." Eat Like the Police: Dinner and a Ride Along With the SMPD.
- "There will also be a bicycle valet from 5 p.m. onwards run by LACBC. What's a bicycle valet? You're gonna have to ask the bartender about that one." Holiday Brew Fest at the Library Alehouse: Lots of Beer + A Bicycle Valet.
- "What do tranny hookers, crumbling walls, fedoras, and a show-stopping entrance have in common?" Things To Be Excited About In The New Year: The Bar "Con Sugar" That You Can't Wait To Visit