Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 12/14 - 12/18
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Phở might be the fastest, cheapest, most exotic, late-night fix that you can't order at a drive-thru window (not in L.A., at least). It also might be the most frequently mispronounced three-letter word." Just Pho Fun: Top Ten Phở Restaurant Names.
- "The Texas Chainsaw décor of the Saddlepeak Lodge may be a bit much before your first cup of coffee." Ask Mr. Gold: No Bell? Jar, Then. For the Best Brunch in Town, No Scrimping.
- "We don't take interview." Staff Meals Today: From Duck Fried Rice to the Mysterious Urasawa.
- "Their service system seems only slightly more involved than the one the drug dealers use in The Wire, and far less efficient." Squid Ink Food Fight: Is Tito's Even the Best Taco On Its Own Block?.
- "Yes, latkes on a stick. Which is kind of funny even if you're sober." Get Drunk in Hollywood This Weekend: Ketel One and Ilan Hall Will Feed You For Free + Send You Home in an SUV.
- "Proving yet again that barnyard animals and drinking cow's blood are great comedy themes for Christmas, and yes, with a group of improv actors, headcheese can be funny." Julie Powell Does Improv: Barnyard Animals & Headcheese Are Funny.
- "So they get a guy who batted .615 over the 6 games of the series, and in arguably better news--depending on your culinary tastes and your views on the designated hitter--we may also get a curry house to go with him." Hideki Matsui Coming to LA: A Designated Hitter + A Japanese Curry House.
- "Shopping in Beverly Hills requires a drink for many of us anyway." Bar Bouchon Opens Today: Park Your Barneys Bag, Get a Drink.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.