In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Phở might be the fastest, cheapest, most exotic, late-night fix that you can't order at a drive-thru window (not in L.A., at least). It also might be the most frequently mispronounced three-letter word." Just Pho Fun: Top Ten Phở Restaurant Names.
- "The Texas Chainsaw décor of the Saddlepeak Lodge may be a bit much before your first cup of coffee." Ask Mr. Gold: No Bell? Jar, Then. For the Best Brunch in Town, No Scrimping.
- "We don't take interview." Staff Meals Today: From Duck Fried Rice to the Mysterious Urasawa.
- "Their service system seems only slightly more involved than the one the drug dealers use in The Wire, and far less efficient." Squid Ink Food Fight: Is Tito's Even the Best Taco On Its Own Block?.
- "Yes, latkes on a stick. Which is kind of funny even if you're sober." Get Drunk in Hollywood This Weekend: Ketel One and Ilan Hall Will Feed You For Free + Send You Home in an SUV.
- "Proving yet again that barnyard animals and drinking cow's blood are great comedy themes for Christmas, and yes, with a group of improv actors, headcheese can be funny." Julie Powell Does Improv: Barnyard Animals & Headcheese Are Funny.
- "So they get a guy who batted .615 over the 6 games of the series, and in arguably better news--depending on your culinary tastes and your views on the designated hitter--we may also get a curry house to go with him." Hideki Matsui Coming to LA: A Designated Hitter + A Japanese Curry House.
- "Shopping in Beverly Hills requires a drink for many of us anyway." Bar Bouchon Opens Today: Park Your Barneys Bag, Get a Drink.