If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "'It's the food I grew up with, but my version,' says the chef." Josef Centeno's Bar Amá Opening Tomorrow.
- "Each of the cookies listed below is locally made, fresh baked and available to order for all of your holiday cookie-gifting or snacking needs." 10 Best Cookies in Los Angeles.
- "Once you get the pig it's a no brainer." Chefs Cook At Home, The Holiday Edition: Canelé's Corina Weibel.
- "In Bangkok and barely over jetlag, Night + Market chef Kris Yenbamroong of helped his diminutive 81-year-old paternal grandmother, Vilai Yenbamroong, into the back of a white van for what he calls 'an epic trip.'" Night + Market's Kris Yenbamroong: New Dishes + A Trip to Thailand.
- "Tape it on your refrigerator, or maybe to the dashboard of your car. Just the thing to look at when you're stuck on the 10 in miserable traffic, right?" 100 Favorite Dishes: The Whole Menu.
- "It wasn't long ago that finding a great croissant, one that essentially resembled a fine slab of French butter empowered with crunch, flake, and tenderness, was a exercise that ended in either disappointment or compromise." Croissant Food Fight: B1 Breadshop vs. Bread Lounge vs. Maison Giraud.
- "To simplify your piña colada making, Austrialian fruit Frankensteins have created a pineapple that tastes like coconut." Scientists Create Pineapple That Tastes Like Coconut.
- "The monks of St. Sixtus don't allow sales of the beer outside the abbey, with the exception of café In de Vrede adjacent to the brewery, because profits of the beer allow only for the continuation of their way of life." Westvletern 12: World's Best Beer Finally Released in the U.S.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.