In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "But I'm not one of those people out in Southeast Asia looking for whatever, fermented chickens in their shells'" Q & A With Thomas Keller, Part 2: The Best Meal He Ever Cooked, The Importance of Fernand Point + Lightbulb Moments.
- "High on the list of traditional activities during economic hard times has always been watching movies--and hitting the bars" Top 10 Happy Hours: Penny Pinching Drinking.
- "This place just screams brunch, don't you think?" Grace Update: A View of The Cathedral + What The Frasers Have Planned For Their New Restaurant.
- "What would you eat for your last meal? How about if you were on death row?" Death Row Last Meals: Cheeseburger & Fries.
- "A crème brûlée is something you get introduced to, often when you're eating out: 'Oh, this is a crème brûlée.'" A Recipe From the Chef: Thomas Keller's Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- "I don't want to make Caesar salad and fettucini." Now Open: The 3rd La Bottega Marino, in Beverly Hills.
- "Like many a young woman, Viola Sator came to Los Angles to be an actress and ended up waiting tables. Unlike many a young woman, she's parlayed her interest in the human psyche into work as a hypnotherapist." Meet Your Waitress: Viola Sator, Cole's Waitress, Actress, Hypnotist.
- "The vast Condé Nast recipe database Epicurious.com is a phenomenal resource for both home and professional cooks, kind of like The Beatles catalog for food people." Your Online Recipe Box: Epicurious.com + A 1941 Recipe for Lobster Thermidor & Their Most Popular Recipe, Double Chocolate Layer Cake.