In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "But I'm not one of those people out in Southeast Asia looking for whatever, fermented chickens in their shells'" Q & A With Thomas Keller, Part 2: The Best Meal He Ever Cooked, The Importance of Fernand Point + Lightbulb Moments.
- "High on the list of traditional activities during economic hard times has always been watching movies--and hitting the bars" Top 10 Happy Hours: Penny Pinching Drinking.
- "This place just screams brunch, don't you think?" Grace Update: A View of The Cathedral + What The Frasers Have Planned For Their New Restaurant.
- "What would you eat for your last meal? How about if you were on death row?" Death Row Last Meals: Cheeseburger & Fries.
- "A crème brûlée is something you get introduced to, often when you're eating out: 'Oh, this is a crème brûlée.'" A Recipe From the Chef: Thomas Keller's Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- "I don't want to make Caesar salad and fettucini." Now Open: The 3rd La Bottega Marino, in Beverly Hills.
- "Like many a young woman, Viola Sator came to Los Angles to be an actress and ended up waiting tables. Unlike many a young woman, she's parlayed her interest in the human psyche into work as a hypnotherapist." Meet Your Waitress: Viola Sator, Cole's Waitress, Actress, Hypnotist.
- "The vast Condé Nast recipe database Epicurious.com is a phenomenal resource for both home and professional cooks, kind of like The Beatles catalog for food people." Your Online Recipe Box: Epicurious.com + A 1941 Recipe for Lobster Thermidor & Their Most Popular Recipe, Double Chocolate Layer Cake.