Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 11/30 - 12/04
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "There's a lightness to them in just about every aspect--the shade of brown, the breading and the weight, as if a particularly large one could keep you buoyant after a boating disaster.'" Squid Ink Food Fight: Falafel Off (Say That Ten Times Fast).
- "Would you like a slice of maintenance man with your dinner tonight?." Top 10 Food Movies: Eat, Drink, Watch.
- "The lightbox will be a permanent fixture at the pop-up restaurant should any diner wish to photograph their meal." Ludo Lefebvre Debuts LudoBites at Royal/T: Foie Gras Beignets, A Lightbox + A Few New Openings.
- "The 2007 release won the Guinness World Record for the highest alcohol beer at 25% (most beers are between 4 to 6% ABV), although this year's 27% ABV batch was upstaged by a beer made by some crazy Scots dressed up in penguin suits who brewed in sub-freezing temperatures to increase the alcohol content to 32%." Sam Adams' Utopias: What to Get the Boss When You're Not Footing the Entire Bill.
- "Imagine if the military had decided to spend money on TV dinner trays instead of artillery and helicopters. (This is assuming that they haven't.)" The Freedom Tray: How to Be Patriotic While Eating Fast Food.
- "This time of year he's more likely to rifle through family recipe cards to find a comforting holiday dessert than dust off that fancy culinary school bûche de noël recipe." Chef Family Recipes: Who Really Taught Laurent Tourondel How To Cook + His Favorite Holiday Chocolate Cake Recipe.
- "Mintel, a market research company, predicts that we'll gravitate towards simpler, healthier and more ethnically diverse menus. Maybe they didn't poll for fried chicken and beer." Food Trends For 2010: Fried Chicken or Food Trucks?
- "Chef Ramsay guarantees that you'll be able to cook three delicious dishes in one hour if you just do what he says." Gordon Ramsay's Cookalong Live Coming to LA.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.