In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Salisbury steak is so comforting, yet so yesterday." Just Add Bacon: 5 Freaky Frozen Dinners.
- "One of them was an ex bank robber, one of them was an alcoholic and one of them was a drug addict. I remember one of them turning around and saying to me, so you want to be a chef?" Q & A With Andy Cook: The Gordon Ramsay at the London West Hollywood Chef Talks About Gordon, LA Weather & The Importance of Chip Butty.
- "Am I about to recommend Golden State again? I'm afraid so." Ask Mr Gold: The Sunday Meal. Burgers, Beers and Fries.
- "The difference between a good loaf of bread and dog shit is just a couple decisions that people make." A Conversation with Baker Jim Lahey + His Recipe for No-Knead Bread.
- "My parents definitely think I'm a stripper. They're like, 'You're lying in your underwear in a public place? Uh...'" Your Server's Other Job: Hostess, Cocktail Waitress, Box Girl, Scribe.
- "For some reason, everyone has eaten jerk chicken, and they all like it." Squid Ink Food Fight: Chicken Jerk Off.
- "Splitting a check twelve ways at the end of a party isn't advised (especially if your server looks like they could break you in half with their bare hands)." Top 10 Private Dining Rooms For Your Holiday Party.
- "For anyone who loves Goodfellas, good pasta, and properly sliced garlic, here's a better cooking demo than anything you'll find on the Food Network." Happy Birthday, Mr. Scorsese: How to Cook Pasta in Prison.