In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "At the end of 2011, the year that the gastropub finally wrestled formal dining into a bathtub to drown, we pretty much know what a good, new restaurant is going to look like." Cooks County: A Perfect First-date Restaurant?
- "Short Order, the most anticipated burger restaurant since the dawn of time, will finally open tonight at 5 p.m." Short Order Opens + Here's The Menu.
- "The best bit is at around 2:12, when Shatner, engulfed in seriously unrealistic flames, howls dispassionately and stamps at burning streams of oil coursing around his fryer." William Shatner Sells Caution (When Deep-Frying Turkeys).
- "Do you love food? Do you love Jonathan Gold? Do you run a gorgeous food-and-photography blog? Do you really, really love Excel?" Jonathan Gold's 99 Restaurants, The Spreadsheet: Imagine Michelin + Microsoft.
- "Damn you, Disney, and your carpet-bombing Marketing Department!" Muppets Cake Pops!
- "And yes, the butter in all the pastries is from Normandy, in case such things matter to you, and they should." Now Open: Maison Giraud in the Pacific Palisades + Your Pain au Chocolat Update.
- "Pizza usually flies solo, content with committing crimes against calories all by its lonesome." Garlic Knots Food Fight: Pizzanista! vs. Joe's Pizza.
- "Anyone can drink it? Like children? And what makes you think socialites and construction workers are on opposite ends of anything?" Alcohol-Free Whisky Debuts.