Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 10/3 - 10/9
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "It's impossible to turn a 350-pound pupusa. So I invented the pupusorno.'" World's Largest Pupusa: Why? Why not!
- "Why the pig? Why the man on stilts? Why the hell not." The Gorbals To Reopen, Possibly Next Tuesday: In the Meantime, A Man on Stilts, A Suckling Pig, A Vat of Cotton Candy.
- "I can't say; I'm not a lobster." Cooking Lobsters With Water Grill's David LeFevre + How To Boil One Alive, Properly.
- "If a chef is going to serve a famous dish of a famous chef, they would look like a fool if they tried to pass it off as their own" Q&A With Kristine Lefebvre: Trade Secrets, Stealing Recipes, Restaurant Rumors & Why Paula Deen is A Ludo Fan.
- "You don't have to go full freegan to eat without a wallet." Top 10 Free Samples: Where to Eat in L.A. Without Worrying About Things Like, Say...Money.
- "It's not even that. It's a bug." The Next Iron Chef: The First Chef Off The Kitchen Island.
- "When I went in and asked if they had any bartending shifts they looked at me and were like, 'no.'" Meet Eric Tecosky: Bartender/Writer/Olive Juice Maker/Zeppelin Fan and Inventor of the Surfer On Acid.
- "Lot of action in los baños--you should have seen the 80's." Best Restaurant Bathroom: Wash Up In A Museum At Michael's In Santa Monica.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.