In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "It was horrible. Even a shot of sake and a glass of beer didn' remove the taste." Q & A With David Myers: Business As Usual At Sona + Myers' Worst Meal Ever.
- "It is spicy, but a complex, dry heat, like T.E. Lawrence trekking through the Nefud dessert." Squid Ink Food Fight: Mabo Tofu Battle, Szechuan Vs. Japanese.
- "From the cured meats, to the Santa Barbara spot prawns, to the cassoulet, the cooking is light, deft and lively, small essays in the key of contentment." Ask Mr. Gold: The Cook, the Eavesdropper, His Wife and Her Birthday. Church & State, Yes or No?
- "While on the appropriate occasion, a noble bottle of red can and should be the centerpiece of a special evening, unless you're whipping up a Magret de Canard or Pork Arrista, I'd argue that the moment is not tonight." An Ode to White Wine: Why You Should Consider Drinking White Instead of Red Wine With Your Dinner.
- "Sources can be wrong; just ask the government." Bastide Update: Joseph Mahon Confirmed as the New Chef.
- "Although, really, zombies can get far better Mexican food here." Alleged Zombie Attacked in Mexican Restaurant.
- "Chef Stefan Richter recently implied, in an interview, there's nothing 'past the 405'. That's good enough of a reason to never dine at his restaurant." Meet Your Food Blogger: Tony Chen of Sinosoul.
- "This may well be the grilled cheese to top all gourmet grilled cheese." Top 10 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: A Loaf of Bread, A Pound of Cheese....