In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Can you get a vegan mi quang? This is Echo Park. You shouldn't have to ask." Central Vietnamese in the O.C. ... or Echo Park.
- "And rather than the 'Select' and 'Start' printed on the controller, you have the slightly less motivating verbs 'Slice' and 'Dice.'" The Gamepad Cutting Board: Smash Garlic Like Mario (the Other One) Smashes Bowser.
- "And if there's anything in this world that could possibly trump a fresh, handmade sausage, it's a fresh, handmade, social mediated sausage." Interactive Sausage + Rare Beer at The Yard.
- "What began as a speech quickly turned into a vocal performance, complete with the Godfather's Girls chorus line (that the pizza chain had a chorus line is itself significant news)." Herman Cain on YouTube: "Imagine There's No Pizza."
- "As well, Centeno will present 'bäco pop,' his own soda made with cane sugar in ginger, orange, and juniper flavors." [Updated] Your Bäco Update: Josef Centeno's Bäco Mercat Opens Next Week.
- "If your costume this year is 'Zombie,' look for the blue ones." Top 5 Halloween Candy from the 99¢ Only Store.
- "The reprogramming of America just keeps getting scarier." The McDonald's Channel: Fast Food + HDTV.
- "It seems a moment of sock puppet silence is in order." Cookbook Of The Week: Alton Brown's Good Eats 3 Is Really Good Nostalgic Eats.