Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 10/10 - 10/16
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "We play a lot of his music and Snoop's music, Diddy's music, and Eminem on our breaks on the TV shows. It's all rap." Q&A With Martha Stewart: Her New Book, What She Thinks of Gourmet, And Cooking to Ludacris.
- "Consider it payback for the KFC Mashed Potato Bowl." Human Wrecking Balls Destroy Culver City KFC.
- "And when I stopped by the other night to toast Obama's Nobel Prize with a frosty Moretti (he was a regular when he attended nearby Occidental College) I was unable to spot any discernible changes in the eggplant-and-sausage pizza, a combination I have ordered maybe a hundred times since I was first introduced to the place in the mid-1980s." Ask Mr. Gold: Play It Again, Jean. Casa Bianca Once More.
- "Actually, I didn't even like flan before I started working here" Name That Pastry Chef 3: Amy Brown of Provecho & Her Mexican Wedding Cookie Recipe.
- "Ranchers brand their cattle, chocolatiers etch their logos into the bars of single origin 70%, cheese-makers stamp names onto the rinds of their cheeses, but corn flakes?" Kellogg's Branding Corn Flakes With Lasers: No, This is Not A Joke.
- "Because, as the saying goes, give a man a mojito, he'll drink for a day, but teach a man to make a mojito and he'll drink for a lifetime." Teach A Man to MAKE A Mojito, He'll Drink For A Lifetime: Caribbean Cooking Class at Ciudad.
- "But it will provide a quick, cheap, healthy lunch stop and take-out joint for hungry people on the run and vegetarians who wouldn't be caught dead with a plate of Versailles garlic chicken." Bawarchi ("Indian Subway") Opens Sunday in Culver City.
- "Your cacao farm, on Google Earth!" LA Chocolate Salon: Chocolate Mustaches, A New Fudge Operation, A Cupcake Shop Coming to Sherman Oaks, and Chocolate Bars with GPS Coordinates.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- From At-Risk to On-Set: Homegirl Café Staffs Program Graduates at New Movie Studio...
- Part Can, Part Growler, the Crowler Has Landed in L.A.
- L.A.’s Most Idolized Chef-Without-a-Restaurant Reveals His Long-Awaited Second Act
- Championship Burgers Revealed! L.A. Weekly's Ultimate Burger Bracket's Final...