Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 10/10 - 10/16
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "We play a lot of his music and Snoop's music, Diddy's music, and Eminem on our breaks on the TV shows. It's all rap." Q&A With Martha Stewart: Her New Book, What She Thinks of Gourmet, And Cooking to Ludacris.
- "Consider it payback for the KFC Mashed Potato Bowl." Human Wrecking Balls Destroy Culver City KFC.
- "And when I stopped by the other night to toast Obama's Nobel Prize with a frosty Moretti (he was a regular when he attended nearby Occidental College) I was unable to spot any discernible changes in the eggplant-and-sausage pizza, a combination I have ordered maybe a hundred times since I was first introduced to the place in the mid-1980s." Ask Mr. Gold: Play It Again, Jean. Casa Bianca Once More.
- "Actually, I didn't even like flan before I started working here" Name That Pastry Chef 3: Amy Brown of Provecho & Her Mexican Wedding Cookie Recipe.
- "Ranchers brand their cattle, chocolatiers etch their logos into the bars of single origin 70%, cheese-makers stamp names onto the rinds of their cheeses, but corn flakes?" Kellogg's Branding Corn Flakes With Lasers: No, This is Not A Joke.
- "Because, as the saying goes, give a man a mojito, he'll drink for a day, but teach a man to make a mojito and he'll drink for a lifetime." Teach A Man to MAKE A Mojito, He'll Drink For A Lifetime: Caribbean Cooking Class at Ciudad.
- "But it will provide a quick, cheap, healthy lunch stop and take-out joint for hungry people on the run and vegetarians who wouldn't be caught dead with a plate of Versailles garlic chicken." Bawarchi ("Indian Subway") Opens Sunday in Culver City.
- "Your cacao farm, on Google Earth!" LA Chocolate Salon: Chocolate Mustaches, A New Fudge Operation, A Cupcake Shop Coming to Sherman Oaks, and Chocolate Bars with GPS Coordinates.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.