Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 10/10-10/14
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Want to make a grown woman blush? Suggest that the reason she wants to go to Gjelina, the serene patio restaurant on Abbot Kinney, is because she wants to gaze deeply into a scruffy waiter's eyes." Gjelina: Pretty Patio, Prettier Patrons.
- "You want deeply rich pork broth Hakata-style? Bare, thick tsukemen noodles with condensed sauce on the side? Tomato basil ramen? You want it in Culver City? In Hollywood? Downtown? You got it." The Ramen Map: A Guide to Ramen in Los Angeles.
- "But who needs kitchen experience to write a cookbook when you've been the movie critic on The Daily Show." The Dead Celebrity Cookbook: Frank DeCaro Goes from The Daily Show to Peter Falk's Pork Chops + A Recipe.
- "'I'm looking forward to dancing my pants off at the Short Stop,' she said." LA Beer Week's Musical Beer Crawl Hits Echo Park Tonight.
- "Lakers forward Ron Artest used to drink Hennessey at half-time. His teamate Lamar Odom likes jelly beans and gummy bears." Top 5 Athlete Diets: Wade Boggs's Chicken-a-Day, Kenyan Ugali + Steve Nash's Nuts.
- "We're one of the very last people you would ever find who believes that bacon makes everything better, but here, the pork belly really does." Morning Glory Food Fight: Ruen Pair vs. Crispy Pork Gang & Grill.
- "You can be an announcer in the NFL if you've played football before." Q & A with George Abou-Daoud: On Township, One Bad Review, and Why "Nobody Cared" About District.
- "Maybe he'll even create a spice stencil of the award, which apparently came in the form of a Wusthof cleaver." Esquire Names John Sedlar Chef of the Year.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Chef Michael Cimarusti Launches Dock to Dish, California's First Restaurant-Supported...
- Walk Through Greenspan's Grilled Cheese to Get to an Adorably Odd New Restaurant
- What to Taste and Do at L.A. Times' the Taste
- This Indian Restaurant Row Has Mumbai Snacks and Solid Pakistani Meals at a Best Western