Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 1/7 - 1/11
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Among the topics? Secret burger menus, fair food, ostrich omelets and plenty of old guys in the desert." Top 5 Huell Howser Food Episodes: In Memoriam.
- "4. Eat a meatball sub any time someone thanks Harvey Weinstein." Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's Drinking Game for the Golden Globes.
- "But I feel like it's every kid's dream to have their own little labobatory where they can mix concoctions and see if it tastes good." Q & A with Boba 7 Founder Elton Keung: Green Tea Heineken, Labobatory + Alcoholic Boba.
- 'If you like cheeseburgers, and I mean really like cheeseburgers, you should probably just get a hotel room in Pasadena next week." Pasadena's Cheeseburger Week: Where to Go + The Mars Rover Cheeseburger.
- "In fact I think it's not an exaggeration to say that down to a bottle, the wines of Austria being imported to this country are so consistent, they make 'wonderful' seem almost routine." Serious Drinking: Saying Ja to Austrian Wines.
- "Dual action for food fetishists, you ask? Sadly, no. Rather, this thing dings and buzzes if you're eating too fast." Food Gadgets at the Consumer Electronics Show: Vibrating Forks + Smarter-Than-You Refrigerators.
- "Nothing beats drinking with your best friend." Dawg Grog: The Newest Dog Beer Hits the Internet.
- "What happens you combine a culinary pedigree that includes a Latin American/Spanish market and pastry shop (Ultramarinos) and two restaurants (Zafra & Cucharamama in New Jersey) with a doctorate in medieval history?" Cookbook of the Year: Gran Cocina Latina + A Spicy Bolivian Peanut Sauce Recipe.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.