Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 1/7 - 1/11
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Among the topics? Secret burger menus, fair food, ostrich omelets and plenty of old guys in the desert." Top 5 Huell Howser Food Episodes: In Memoriam.
- "4. Eat a meatball sub any time someone thanks Harvey Weinstein." Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's Drinking Game for the Golden Globes.
- "But I feel like it's every kid's dream to have their own little labobatory where they can mix concoctions and see if it tastes good." Q & A with Boba 7 Founder Elton Keung: Green Tea Heineken, Labobatory + Alcoholic Boba.
- 'If you like cheeseburgers, and I mean really like cheeseburgers, you should probably just get a hotel room in Pasadena next week." Pasadena's Cheeseburger Week: Where to Go + The Mars Rover Cheeseburger.
- "In fact I think it's not an exaggeration to say that down to a bottle, the wines of Austria being imported to this country are so consistent, they make 'wonderful' seem almost routine." Serious Drinking: Saying Ja to Austrian Wines.
- "Dual action for food fetishists, you ask? Sadly, no. Rather, this thing dings and buzzes if you're eating too fast." Food Gadgets at the Consumer Electronics Show: Vibrating Forks + Smarter-Than-You Refrigerators.
- "Nothing beats drinking with your best friend." Dawg Grog: The Newest Dog Beer Hits the Internet.
- "What happens you combine a culinary pedigree that includes a Latin American/Spanish market and pastry shop (Ultramarinos) and two restaurants (Zafra & Cucharamama in New Jersey) with a doctorate in medieval history?" Cookbook of the Year: Gran Cocina Latina + A Spicy Bolivian Peanut Sauce Recipe.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.