In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "If this were a medical school exam, you would have failed miserably. But Lilly's is a taqueria. You have just had lunch." Good Head: Eating Barbacoa at Lilly's Taqueria.
- "Exploring options. Trying to move fast... We may need some support." Gourmet Food Truck Corner in Santa Monica Shut Down After One Day.
- "Bitter experience has taught us: Chinese snacks are not necessarily your friend." Think Pink: Nan Ru Peanuts, Better Than Parrot Feed or Cat Videos.
- "It doesn't really last, since most people equate healthy with things like undressed salads and unmarinated tofu." Top 10 Places To Work on Your New Year's Food Resolutions: (Healthy) Dishes That Won't Kill You.
- "So now, of course, what we really need is an Avatar pizza." How To Make Your Pizza Even More Fun Than Mozza: The Yoda Pizza.
- "The menu may in fact call this dish brisket, but you will never, under any circumstance, confuse it with something my Nana might have made." Squid Ink Food Fight: Meet Your Meat, Columbian Favorite Sobrebarriga en Salsa.
- "Just so there are no hard feelings, the Teriyaki Kings does offer a $2.50 taco." The $2 Taco Returns, and It's Korean.
- "Because whether you're grilling bratwursts in the Rose Bowl parking lot, or noshing on queso chips in the flashing metropolis of downtown's ESPN Zone, or watching the game at The Oinkster, where the tables line up in plausible formation between two flat screens--last Sunday, Bret Favre and Ben Roethlisberger threw passes simultaneously, while a happy crowd ate ube shakes and pulled pork sandwiches--you still need to wear the right hat." What To Wear While Tailgating: The Cook, The Milliner, His Wife & Her Quarterback. Or Something Like That.