In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Vegans have hangovers, too, I guess. At Mas Malo, the vegan hangovers are organic." First Bite: Chips, Chips Especial, Menudo + Vegan Hangovers at Mas Malo.
- "Sure the scene is fratty and the name sounds like something out of a Brett Favre text, but Big Wangs delivers with tons of TVs, $15 bud buckets, and those heart attack tater tots, drenched in Alfredo sauce and bacon - after all there may be no football next season, so might as well live it up while you can." X Great Spots to Watch Super Bowl XLV.
- "Legal disclaimer: that last bit is just an unsolicited opinion, and the Weekly in no way endorses the use of Nutella in your kid's lunchbox." California Mother Sues Nutella: OMG It's Not Health Food.
- "Remember, this is not Pizzeria Mozza, these are casual neighborhood joints. And this is not Casa Bianca, because it's old news and they use canned mushrooms." The Top 5 Pizzerias in Hipsteropolis.
- "Did we mention the 50-pound chocolate eagle on top?" Ronald Reagan's 100th Birthday Cake: $10,000 and 400 Pounds Worth of Chocolate Eagles and Licorice Jelly Beans (for a Dead Guy).
- "What to do with the bones? You eat them!" Chinese New Year: Celebrate the Year of the Rabbit -- By Eating Rabbit in the SGV.
- "With our three-month probationary period successfully completed and our health care benefits starting today (welcome to the real world, Rep. Andy Harris, you whiny little hypocrite), we decided it's the perfect time to launch 30 Burgers in 30 Days, an initiative we're pretty sure will hasten the end of our life or at least our eventual reliance on blood thinners." 30 Burgers in 30 Days: Alcohol & Excess at GO Burger (Day 1).
- "I remember walking these streets wasted." Inside Son of a Gun: Dotolo and Shook Discuss their New Restaurant.