In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "Still, some pig candy is better than no pig candy at all, and the sweet, sugar-brushed slabs of double-smoked bacon were about as good as it gets, slightly crisp at the edges but melting away in a great rush of smoky juice." Bigmista Barbecue: Pig Candy + Burnt Ends-A-Go-Go.
- "But even in Los Angeles, as far as I know, you will find neither primates, nor human flesh, nor coelacanth. And we're all better off for it, I think." Ask Mr. Gold: Munching the Unmentionable. Where to Find the Foodie's Equivalent of a Snuff Film. Or Not.
- "Never mistake the homemade pot brownie found at a frat party for the marijuana dispensary's pot brownie." Medical Marijuana Edibles: More Than Just Your Big Brother's Pot Brownie.
- "Newport Beach will soon be a destination town not just for, um, semiconductors, but for pizza." Mozza Expansion Update: Pizzeria Mozza To Open in Newport Beach.
- "A picture is worth a thousand calories. Make that 110,428 calories." Twinkie Cars, Sausage Men, and Hoagie Blimps: Kitchen (Football Snack) Stadium.
- "We can do so much better than drive-thru or cereal out of a box." 10 Best Breakfasts: Out of the Bowl and Into a Brioche.
- "Now if Sur la Table would start making Slash cookie cutters, we'd be all set." The Cookie Monster: Lady Gaga Sugar Cookies.
- "But this YouTube video, cut strangely, perhaps mercifully short, is notable for its one cooking direction: 'mix it around just like Giada would.'" L.A. Couple Arrested For Growing Psychedelic Mushrooms.