In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "If a Korean Public Enemy were to record an album on the subject, they'd call it Fear of a Kimchi Planet." First Bite: Simon King Cooks Suburban Korean in Pasadena at Gaon.
- "These days, it's all about knowing a book's shipping weight, the modern kill-joy of cookbook shopping." Top 10 Supersized Cookbooks: Let's Hope The Shipping Is Free.
- "'When the president asks you to serve the country as his chief of staff,' said Emanuel, in a press conference Monday, 'That counts as serving your country a bowl of ramen.'" [Updated] "Rahmen Emanuel" Piping Hot Over Illinois Court Decision.
- "And while the family usually goes for Chinois leftovers with a $350 bottle of 1996 Domaine Bertagna Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru NV, Haskell has also paired wines with jelly beans and Buffalo chicken wings." David Haskell's Super Bowl Junk Food and Wine Pairings.
- "Seriously, if one or both of you can't enjoy a romantic dinner at home, then there aren't enough Red Velvet Cocktails in the world to save you." Top 5 Reasons to Stay Home and Cook on Valentine's Day.
- "We don't recommend rigging a rocket, even if it's not built out of pork products, onto a wire that's pointed towards your house." Bacon Rocket: To Infinity & Beyond.
- "It showed us that there are simple, edible pleasures in life; and then there are simple, edible pleasures, consumed under a giant sculpture of the very thing you're eating." Giant Donut Fight, Part 1: Randy's Vs. Kindle's.
- "We're told that a horse called Banana Cream Pie won the last race yesterday." Santa Anita Food Truck Festival: Your Cross-Addiction Daily Double.