In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- "I'm not sure that what you're looking for exists." Bouillabaisse: Meant for the Poor, Now for the Rich.
- "And so, he borrowed the three-inch rock from an 'American collector' and tossed it in a barrel full of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes as it fermented for 12 months." Meteorito Wine Is Out of This World, Literally.
- "But before he's opening anything, the chef is going to Spain. Of course he is." Chef Evan Funke Leaving Rustic Canyon: Spain + A New Project.
- "What other medical miracles might this smoky, salty elixir accomplish? Treat erectile dysfunction? Cure cancer? Maybe Paula Deen should try it for her diabetes." The Bacon Tampon: Doctors Find Salt Pork Stops Nosebleeds.
- "And, finally, there is the caveat that your local taco truck is possibly the best choice of all: close to home, with your car handy for making out, and you save the cash for that trip to Prague." 10 Best Romantic Restaurants in L.A.
- "Maybe we've watched Blue Velvet too many times, but to us there's something uniquely American about Pabst Blue Ribbon." China Debuts $44 Bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon.
- "Sushi Nozawa is not known for its customer service. Many call chef Kazunomi Nozawa a 'sushi tyrant,' our critic once wrote." Sushi Nozawa Closing.
- "Albini proves he's not only a gifted musician and record producer, he's also a good food writer -- though his mom thinks he's getting a little too precious with it." Steve Albini Has a Food Blog.