In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "The bicycle enthusiasts in Highland Park may beg to differ, but downtown may the only part of Los Angeles where a car is almost optional." Ask Mr. Gold: Where To Eat & Live In L.A. If You Don't Have A Car.
- "If recent history teaches us anything, it's that consumer passion for the Bottled Cocktail of the Moment is inevitably followed by a near-hysterical 'Won't somebody think of the children?' panic." Adult Chocolate Milk: The New Four Loko?
- "You don't have to be Adam Carolla to prefer pie to cake." Top 10 Places to Celebrate National Pie Day.
- "'I've never been so deflated in my whole career,' Oliver said as the sand finally stopped pouring into the bus and started to blow across the concrete parking lot, making the chef look not a little like a character misplaced from a Bertolucci film." Jamie Oliver Fills A School Bus With 57 Tons Of "Sugar" In Carson + Why L.A. Might Have Been A "Big Mistake."
- "In the meantime, one does wonder what it was that started the whole thing in the first place: Whtsfrdnrhoney?? Hngry! Pkup chkn enroute? Xox. Or something like that." Eat Tweet: A Twitter Cookbook in 140 Characters + 1,020 Recipes.
- "We were joined by our mother, who, probably not unlike yours, makes the best pies on the planet." Pie Fight: Sweet Lady Jane vs. SimpleThings (No Clowns were Harmed).
- "It was a great opportunity. But to be honest, I could not wait to get out of a restaurant." Q & A With Winemaker Rolando Herrera of Mi Sueño, Part 2: Out Of The Trenches And Into Wine + The 2010 Harvest.
- "Twenty dollars doesn't go very far in Los Angeles. Hell, at some addresses on Sunset Boulevard, it barely pays for parking." Could Breakfast @ FarmShop Be The Most Luxurious $20 You Can Spend In Los Angeles?