Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 1/11 - 1/15
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "There's no phone system in Haiti right now." TiGeorges' Chicken Haitian Restaurant Hosts Earthquake Fundraiser Tomorrow Night.
- "The fan system at Park's BBQ could ventilate the chrome off a trailer hitch, but this probably isn't the night you want to be tossing raw beef tripe onto a charcoal grill." Ask Mr. Gold: Where to Go After the Academy Awards.
- "I have an alibi, because I was in the casinos." Kiyokawa Sushi Chef Arrested: Mistaken Identity, Not Fugu Crimes.
- "What this means, I think, is that if you order a pastrami sandwich, they'll serve you one." Stop the Presses: Tomorrow's National Pastrami Day!
- "As Michael Pollan advises, 'if you made all the French fries you ate, you would eat them much less often, if only because they're so much work.'" Once Bitten, Twice Fried: Best French Fries in Los Angeles, Part 2.
- "Maybe there's an answer to Sacramento's budget woes: sell ads for the state of California on Japanese television." Arnold Schwarzenegger's Japanese Food & Drink Commercials: Your State Of California Ad Here.
- "Unlike the aforementioned Japanese confections however, F Cup Cookies, available in two flavors (soy milk, and pralines and chocolate), promote larger, fuller, firmer breasts to their consumers." F Cup Cookies: Breast Enhancement Through Dessert, Not Surgery.
- "The Zombie Cocktail has laid claims to zombify anyone that drinks it, i.e. turn the imbiber into a reanimated, dead, or mindless human being with no will of their own." The Zombie: A Cocktail of Epic Proportions And Mindless Effect.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.