Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 1/10-1/14
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "I can remember only one happy outcome: A friend sent a curry back to the kitchen at a Thai restaurant because it wasn't spicy enough, and it came back spicy enough to light up a pinball machine, which to anybody but him would have come across as punitive." Ask Mr. Gold: Many Unhappy Returns? When to Send a Dish Back.
- "Oliver has called the second season of his ABC reality show a 'documentary,' which is exactly what it may become at this rate: Jamie Oliver and the LAUSD." Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution + the LAUSD: An Open Letter to Parents.
- "I have a tendency to go to Spago a lot because I think they have secret service at the airport. They know when you land in L.A." Q & A With Eric Ripert, Part 2: Celebrity Chefs, Spago's Spies + The Identity of Ruth Bourdain.
- "Even the Lord's deep-fryers need their rest." Chick-fil-a in Hot Oil With Gay Groups.
- "You can put my phone number in this article." [Updated]: Ortolan Closes.
- "Cotton has long painted high-sucrose landscapes built out of various candies and chocolates, often with female nudes incorporated among the marshmallows." Will Cotton Exhibition in West Hollywood: Where To Get Your Katy Perry Candyland Fix.
- "And thus, like so many Americans, we're engaging in a little New Year's penance, going from the reds and greens Christmas M&Ms to those of tomatoes and arugula." Make Your Own Salad Fight: Simply Salad vs. Freshii.
- "When did Hollywood become the burger vortex?" GO Burger and Spiked Milkshakes Hit Hollywood This Month.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.