Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: The Week in Food
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad. Got something better? (Funny, tragic, ridiculous, or an actual Jon Stewart quote.) Comment below.
- "Basically it's hard to guarantee 100% at any restaurant that no cow has ever breathed on your food." Pat Saperstein on vegan food in Eating L.A.
- "The resulting post didn't rise to our standards, and we shouldn't have published it." Curbed publisher Lockhart Steele commenting on a previous Eater post, in Eater LA.
- "We didn't always eat as badly as we do now." David Denby reviewing Food, Inc., in The New Yorker.href>
- "Perhaps you will find one of them in prison one day, shaving garlic thinly with a razor blade, waiting for a crooked guard to bring him the snook he intends to barbecue over a fire made from smashed-up oak chairs." Jonathan Gold on the snook lover, in LAW.
- "Turnbee was last seen pulling into the McDonald's across the street." From The Onion.href>
- "$8? How do they do it?" S. Irene Virbila reviewing Bottega Louie, in the LAT.href>
- "You will now be able to face the caloric reality of your food," from New CA Law Forces Chain Restaurants to Print Calorie Counts.
- "$200 and a Cut-in-Line Pass good for 1 month for a dude and 3 friends," from More Things to Do While Standing in Line at the Kogi Truck.
- "We are working on a project on how to use the hottest chilli in different applications in defense forces," R.B. Srivastava, as quoted in India Testing Chile Pepper Hand Grenades.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.