Morton's Puts a Laker Cocktail on the Menu + The Recipe
If you're the sort of person who will be watching the NBA finals out in a public venue, you may have your seat at ESPN Zone -- conveniently located a few blocks away from the Staples Center -- reserved and waiting. You may already be sitting at your favorite sports bar, Laker gear on, watching Rick Bayless's brother on ESPN2, nursing a pint and waiting until tomorrow night. But if you're wanting a 48-ounce porterhouse and a cocktail to go with it, you could do worse than head to Morton's, where they've created a special Laker cocktail with your name on it. Or, well, Kobe's name on it, at least metaphorically.
The drink is available, from now until the end of the series, at all four Morton's locations, including the location on Figueroa, which is also conveniently located close to Staples, should proximity be important to you. If you prefer to watch the games in the privacy of your own home, you can always try mixing up the drink yourself. Turn the page for the recipe. As for what Celtics fans will be drinking, I guess there's always the familiar green beer route.
Morton's Purple & Yellow Cocktail
From: Morton's The Steakhouse
Makes: 1 drink
2 ounce Absolut 100 vodka
.5 ounce Triple Sec
1 ounce orange juice
splash of Sweet & Sour
splash of Rose's Lime Juice
.5 ounce of Chambord
1 purple grape
1 orange wedge
1. In a martini shaker, combine all the ingredients.
2. Shake all ingredients until chilled. Pour into chilled martini glass.
3. Carefully pour the Chambord into the filled martini glass so that it settles at the bottom.
4. Garnish with a skewered purple grape through orange wedge.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Big Fat Jerks Set Rocio's Mole de los Dioses on Fire, McWhoppers for Peace and More:...
- Huitlacoche Is No Scourge In L.A. Here's Where to Find the Funky Mexican Corn Fungus
- No One Wants To Use Your Stupid Restaurant App
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our...