Monday Morning Food News Roundup: It's National Bologna Day!
It's National Bologna Day. Not the day we honor the Northern Italian city famous for its ragù, but a day to honor pressed, sliced tubes of meat. Let the lunchmeat reign -- and rain.
- It's also National Food Day! [LA Weekly]
- Drinking whiskey in the spirit of George Washington. [NPR]
- Our own Elina Shatkin guests on a podcast where she discusses Two Boots Pizza, torture popcorn and Billingsley's Steakhouse. [LA Foodie]
- Drought means more expensive burgers for the next few years. [Business Week]
- Wing & a prayer: Bon Jovi opens pay-what-you-can restaurant. [Grubstreet NY]
- Most Americans haven't dined out in a year [Seattle Weekly]
- Locally grown fruit & veg on school menu for Detroit kids. [Detroit News]
- North Korea is starving. Don't politicize food aid, urges UN official. [Reuters]
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Chef Michael Cimarusti Launches Dock to Dish, California's First Restaurant-Supported...
- Walk Through Greenspan's Grilled Cheese to Get to an Adorably Odd New Restaurant
- What to Taste and Do at L.A. Times' the Taste
- This Indian Restaurant Row Has Mumbai Snacks and Solid Pakistani Meals at a Best Western