Monday Morning Food News Roundup: It's National Bologna Day!
It's National Bologna Day. Not the day we honor the Northern Italian city famous for its ragù, but a day to honor pressed, sliced tubes of meat. Let the lunchmeat reign -- and rain.
- It's also National Food Day! [LA Weekly]
- Drinking whiskey in the spirit of George Washington. [NPR]
- Our own Elina Shatkin guests on a podcast where she discusses Two Boots Pizza, torture popcorn and Billingsley's Steakhouse. [LA Foodie]
- Drought means more expensive burgers for the next few years. [Business Week]
- Wing & a prayer: Bon Jovi opens pay-what-you-can restaurant. [Grubstreet NY]
- Most Americans haven't dined out in a year [Seattle Weekly]
- Locally grown fruit & veg on school menu for Detroit kids. [Detroit News]
- North Korea is starving. Don't politicize food aid, urges UN official. [Reuters]
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Championship Burgers Revealed! L.A. Weekly's Ultimate Burger Bracket's Final...
- Starry Kitchen Is Returning With a Pop-Up Restaurant That Comes to You
- L.A. Weekly's Brunch at the Races Brings the Best Meal of the Day to Santa...
- David Asprey Wants You to Drink Coffee With Butter. Some Dismiss His Science (VIDEO)