CPK, DiGiorno Frozen Pizzas Recalled
Nestle USA's Pizza Division is recalling four different frozen pizzas because they may contain clear plastic fragments. The extra-crunchy pizzas are:
• California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) Crispy Thin Crust White®, UPC 71921 98745; production codes are 3062525951, 3062525952 and 3063525951.
• California Pizza Kitchen® Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce, UPC 71921 00781; production code is 3059525952.
• DiGiorno® Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken, UPC 71921 02663; production codes are 3057525922 and 3058525921.
• DiGiorno® pizzeria!™ Bianca/White Pizza, UPC 71921 91484; production code is 3068525951.
Nestle says it has traced the source of the plastic bits to a spinach supplier. That's what you get for trying to eat "healthy" pizza.
All of the pizzas being recalled were produced during February and March of this year. The company is removing pizzas affected by the recall at retail locations nationwide, and asks that consumers check their freezers. To locate the production codes for these specific pizzas, look for a blue or pink rectangular box on one of the side panels of the pizza box. The production code is on the second line of the printed code and is the first ten digits of the number.
If you find that you have some, contact Nestlé USA Consumer Services at 800-456-4394 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., E.T. and this Saturday, May 4 from 12 noon to 8 p.m. E.T. Nestlé will provide a replacement coupon and also may make arrangements to retrieve the pizza for further examination.
Next time, maybe just order this.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook, and follow Samantha Bonar at @samanthabonar.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- A New Wave of L.A. Social Enterprises Serve Pizza and Coffee With Community in Mind
- SCI-Arc's Adorable Campus Cafe Is No College Cafeteria (And It's Open to the Public)
- In a City With Few Meat CSAs, Could This Box Be the Future of Grass-Fed Beef?
- Chef Phillip Frankland Lee's 10 Favorite San Fernando Valley Restaurants