Consumer Reports Ranks Best-Tasting U.S. Burgers
America's Favorite Burger
Turns out Burger King -- and McDonald's, Wendy's and Jack in the Box -- no longer rank among U.S. burger royalty. Consumer Reports recently published a list of our 18 favorite fast food burgers and local legend In-N-Out got top honors. While obviously proud, we West Coasters can't take all the credit; East Coast Five Guys Burgers and Fries also tied for first place.
The survey polled 28,000 Consumer Reports subscribers, who ranked the best- and worst-tasting burgers around the U.S. on a scale of 1 to 10. For the complete list of burger joints, turn the page. Or just head to Century City mall and grab a Fuddruckers burger; the chain rounded out the top three.
1. In-N-Out Burger
2. Five Guys Burgers and Fries
5. Back Yard Burgers
6. Culver's Frozen Custard
9. Carl's Jr.
10. Checkers Drive-In
11. White Castle
13. Sonic Drive-In
14. A&W Restaurant
16. Burger King
17. Jack in the Box
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Big Fat Jerks Set Rocio's Mole de los Dioses on Fire, McWhoppers for Peace and More:...
- Huitlacoche Is No Scourge In L.A. Here's Where to Find the Funky Mexican Corn Fungus
- No One Wants To Use Your Stupid Restaurant App
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our...