Believe it or not, the holiday season isn't that far away. A few months may seem like a long time, but if you're an event-planner or a baker or pastry chef or candy-maker or chocolatier, it's really not. Which is why we're already inviting you to a holiday party. This year we wanted to have a different kind of food and drink event, one that showcases and celebrates our town's best bakers and pastry chefs and bartenders, while at the same time having a party where you can buy holiday gifts AND we can raise money for a worthy cause.
So this December 7, on a Sunday afternoon in The Majestic and The Reserve downtown, we're having a holiday dessert and cocktail party, to which you're invited to come and eat cookies and drink holiday cocktails, buy some new cookbooks by local chefs and shop for gifts and give some money to Food Forward, which will also make sure that no cookie gets left behind. Called Sips & Sweets, you can even bring your kids to this one. Happy holidays — a few months early! So who's coming?
Bakers and pastry chefs so far confirmed:
– Mariah Swan of bld
– Annie Miler of Clementine
– Roxana Jullapat of Cookâ€™s County
– Shannon Swindle of Craft LA
– Nicole Mournian of Gjusta
– Clemence Gosset of the Gourmandise School
– David Rodriguez of Heirloom LA
– Sarah Lange of Ladies Gunboat Society
– Ann Kirk of Little Dom's
– Christina Olufson of Lucques, A.O.C., Tavern
– McConnell's Ice Cream
– Dahlia Narvaez of Mozza
– Na Young Ma of Proof
– Rose Lawrence of Red Bread
– Sharlena Fong of Semisweet Bakery
– Kei Okemura Sugarbird Sweets & Teas
– The Patina Group
– Barbara Monderine of The Village Bakery
– Valerie Gordon of Valerie Confections
– Hans Röckenwagner
And bartenders and mixologists:
– The Chestnut Club
– Christiaan Rollich of A.O.C.
– Ben Scott of Sassafras
– Danielle Crouch of Caña Rum Bar
– Beau du Bois of The Corner Door
– François Vera of Pour Vous
– Robin Chopra of CorazÃ³n y Miel
– Darwin Manahan of PUNCH
– Karen Grill of The 1933 Group
– John Kelly O'Hare of Sonny's Hideaway
Along with the amazing baked goods and desserts and drinks and other items brought by these lovely people, there will be a vendor village, a cookbook corner, and the folks from the food-reclamation charity Food Forward — to whom a portion of your ticket sales are already going — will be on-hand to collect any donations, as well as any leftovers.
Sips & Sweets will take place on Sunday, Dec. 7, from 2 - 5 p.m. Tickets are $30 for those over 21 and $15 for those under 21. This includes unlimited food and 8 cocktails (there will be non-boozy drinks too) and access to shopping. To get tickets, use this link. (Here's your presale code: SIPSBLOG.)
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!