CNN Names The World's 50 Most Delicious Foods
CNN has a lot on its plate. Literally. Not only does the news empire have to follow Anderson Cooper around the globe, trailing camera crews and earnestness, but it has lately gone on a quest to identify The World's 50 Most Delicious Foods. Well, if you could spend your time debating the relative merits of marzipan and Peking duck instead of covering Rupert Murdoch and the debt crisis, wouldn't you? Of course you would. So what did they pick?
The 50 foods were organized by country of origin, and included Texas barbecue pork (US, #36) and fajitas (Mexico, #26), but not French fries. Well, fair enough. Not sure which country would claim them anyway. Here are the top 10 (below). And here's the whole story, published yesterday. No word on Wolf Blitzer's favorite.
10. Chicken muamba, Gabon.
9. Ice cream, United States.
8. Tom yum goong, Thailand.
7. Penang assam laksa, Malaysia
6. Hamburger, Germany.
5. Peking duck, China.
4. Sushi, Japan.
3. Chocolate, Mexico.
2. Neapolitan pizza, Italy.
1. Massaman curry, Thailand.
And of course, if you violently disagree with the above, feel free to comment. We'll forward the list to Atlanta.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Chef Michael Cimarusti Launches Dock to Dish, California's First Restaurant-Supported...
- Walk Through Greenspan's Grilled Cheese to Get to an Adorably Odd New Restaurant
- What to Taste and Do at L.A. Times' the Taste
- This Indian Restaurant Row Has Mumbai Snacks and Solid Pakistani Meals at a Best Western