Cart For a Cause Truck at Pacific Design Center Today, with Il Grano Chef Salvatore Marino
Cart For a Cause is at the Pacific Design Center today
Today you get another chance to have lunch cooked by a top level L.A. chef at a very reasonable discount, with the additional bonus that all proceeds go to charity. The Cart For a Cause truck is parking outside the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood today from noon to 2pm, featuring the handiwork of Il Grano chef Salvatore Marino.
As always, for a mere $10, you will receive food and drink, as well as the knowledge that you have helped to provide meals to home-bound seniors.
Il Grano is known primarily for two things: fish dishes (particularly crudo, which Marino has been serving since shortly after he opened his restaurant in 1997) and tomatoes. So it should come as no surprise that Marino, who offers weekly tomato menus over the summer, brings a selection of seasonal tomato dishes to today's Cart For a Cause lunch. See the full, lycopene-laden menu after the jump.
- Heirloom tomato and burrata salad.
- "PBT:" pancetta, burrata and tomato on a baked individual pizza bread (dome shaped), with arugula.
- Gazpacho tomato soup.
- Caramelle: Literally translating to "candy," it is similar to a ravioli, but folded into the shape of a candy wrapper. It includes burrata, and is served in a tomato sauce.
- 1/2 soup + 1/2 sandwich
Cart For a Cause: 12pm-2pm, Pacific Design Center (Parked on Melrose Ave.) 8687 Melrose Ave., West Hollywood.
Noah Galuten can be followed on Twitter via @ManBitesWorld.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- David Asprey Wants You to Drink Coffee With Butter. Some Dismiss His Science (VIDEO)
- Little Shanghai's Dumplings Are the Only Constant at This Rowland Heights Food Court
- The Future of Seafood: Is Wild Catch Going Extinct?
- L.A. Weekly's Ultimate Burger Bracket, the Final 4 Revealed — Plus, Your Chance to...