Axe Restaurant Closes Temporarily Due to Fire Damage

It was a Monday afternoon in early August when Joanna Moore, owner of Axe, the 12-year-old restaurant in Venice, was informed that her business was ablaze. About eight fire trucks arrived shortly after a friend and people in the neighborhood reported flames and smoke rising from the back of the restaurant. "We hope to reopen in two months or so," Moore said, "It's pretty trashed from the fire." Fortunately the restaurant was closed at the time of the fire.

Axe will need to be completely emptied and renovated because of smoke, water and fire damage. "Fortunately there is insurance and you forge ahead," said Moore, who is thankful for the community support she's received. As for the fire, says Moore, "it kind of comes with the territory, owning a restaurant. I'm used to putting fires out all the time."

Axe Restaurant Closes Temporarily Due to Fire Damage
Celia Soudry

Axe Restaurant: 1009 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice; (310) 664-9787.


Sponsor Content

Newsletters

All-access pass to the top stories, events and offers around town.

  • Top Stories
    Send:

Newsletters

All-access pass to top stories, events and offers around town.

Sign Up >

No Thanks!

Remind Me Later >