Ask the Audience: What Do You Want to Read About?
Have you ever turned on the television or the radio or spent the morning trolling the web and wondered who the hell is deciding the programming? Of the political scene maybe, or the Olympics. Why are you watching an interview with Michael Phelps and not something else? Why are you listening to Glenn Beck and not something else? Why are you reading about another cocktail bar or five more ways to grill a steak and not something else? Sure, you can TURN THE CHANNEL, but the issue goes way beyond finding the clicker or flipping the page. People in their invisible rooms decide what you read all the time, and whether it matches what you want is sometimes, well, questionable. So we thought we'd ask the audience. What do you want to read about? Let us know. Because audience participation doesn't end in kindergarten, and sometimes you only get what you want if you ask for it.
Here are some possible examples:
1. Dear L.A. Weekly: I'm a JPL employee in search of a new hobby. Can you guys do a story on how to build a DIY still? Ideally, it would look like something else from the window.
2. Dear L.A. Weekly: Who invented the amuse-bouche and why can't they call it something easier to spell (and pronounce)?
3. Dear L.A. Weekly: My kid won't eat anything but noodles. I'm really tired of noodles. Can you poll local chefs on how to make them some different ways before I ship the kid off to camp permanently?
4. Dear L.A. Weekly: I can't even turn on my stove. Help.
Got a good suggestion or idea? Comment below -- or shoot us an email. And if your suggestion becomes a piece, we'll credit you for the story idea when it's published.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Big Fat Jerks Set Rocio's Mole de los Dioses on Fire, McWhoppers for Peace and More:...
- Huitlacoche Is No Scourge In L.A. Here's Where to Find the Funky Mexican Corn Fungus
- No One Wants To Use Your Stupid Restaurant App
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our...