April Roundup of Restaurant Openings and Closings
Ernie Jr.'s Taco House serves up its last taco
L.A. lost a few old-timers this month: Ernie Jr.'s Taco House shuttered after 41 years, and father/daughter duo Guy and Sylvie Gabrielle bid adieu to Café Pierre after serving the Manhattan Beach community for 37 years (although they're planning to re-open as a new restaurant, Love and Salt, with chef Michael Fiorelli)
In opening news, Roy Choi's newest operation, POT, is now underway at The Line Hotel, and EightyTwo, a bar-meets-arcade concept, landed in the Arts District. Read below for more recent restaurant openings and closings.
Tipple & Brine now open in Sherman Oaks
1. Aro Latin: 1019 Mission St., South Pasadena; (626) 799-9400
2. EightyTwo: 707 East 4th Place., Los Angeles; (213) 626-8200
3. Fala Bar: 7751 ½ Melrose Ave., Los Angeles; (323) 424-7131
4. Fifty Seven: 712 S. Sante Fe Ave., Los Angeles; (213) 816-8157
5. Max City BBQ: 4729 Eagle Rock Blvd., Los Angeles; (323) 254-4227
6. Oinkster Hollywood: 776 Vine St., Los Angeles; (323) 536-9248
7. Oliver's Prime: 8462 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles; (323) 491-9003
8. POT: 3515 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles; (213) 368-3030
9. Shan Social House: 138 N. La Cienega Blvd., Beverly Hills; (310) 659-8887
12. Stafford + Mathis Kitchen: 1020 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles; (213) 743-7600
13. Superba Food + Bread:1900 Lincoln Blvd., Venice; (310) 907-5075
14. Tipple & Brine: 14633 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks; (818) 528-2550
1. Café Pierre: 317 Manhattan Beach Blvd., Manhattan Beach; (310) 545-5252
2. Chin Lin: 9201 W. Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood; (310) 278-2068
3. Ernie Jr.'s Taco House: 2803 W. Broadway Ave., Los Angeles; (323) 256-1298
Did we miss any? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the Squid Ink'd Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly food newsletter, which features top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips and a link to our print review.