L.A. lost a few old-timers this month: Ernie Jr.'s Taco House shuttered after 41 years, and father/daughter duo Guy and Sylvie Gabrielle bid adieu to Café Pierre after serving the Manhattan Beach community for 37 years (although they're planning to re-open as a new restaurant, Love and Salt, with chef Michael Fiorelli)
In opening news, Roy Choi's newest operation, POT, is now underway at The Line Hotel, and EightyTwo, a bar-meets-arcade concept, landed in the Arts District. Read below for more recent restaurant openings and closings.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1. Aro Latin: 1019 Mission St., South Pasadena; (626) 799-9400
2. EightyTwo: 707 East 4th Place., Los Angeles; (213) 626-8200
3. Fala Bar: 7751 ½ Melrose Ave., Los Angeles; (323) 424-7131
4. Fifty Seven: 712 S. Sante Fe Ave., Los Angeles; (213) 816-8157
5. Max City BBQ: 4729 Eagle Rock Blvd., Los Angeles; (323) 254-4227
6. Oinkster Hollywood: 776 Vine St., Los Angeles; (323) 536-9248
7. Oliver's Prime: 8462 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles; (323) 491-9003
8. POT: 3515 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles; (213) 368-3030
9. Shan Social House: 138 N. La Cienega Blvd., Beverly Hills; (310) 659-8887
12. Stafford + Mathis Kitchen: 1020 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles; (213) 743-7600
13. Superba Food + Bread:1900 Lincoln Blvd., Venice; (310) 907-5075
14. Tipple & Brine: 14633 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks; (818) 528-2550