Alie and Georgia's Beefy Tomato Cocktail Recipe
Via Cooking Channel
Yesterday we met Alie Ward and Georgia Hardstark, the duo behind web series Classy Ladies on Cooking Channel. What impressed us most about them, besides their fab vintage wardrobe, was their ability to come up with dozens of genuinely creative cocktails. Drinks that taste like kettle corn, cheesecake or even the ever-mysterious umami -- there seems to be no end to what these women will try.
Case in point: the Beefy Tomato, for which we have a recipe after the jump. It's somewhat like a Bloody Mary, but not. The jerky-infused tequila ups the savory factor, yet the use of a whole heirloom tomato, as opposed to juice, keeps the whole thing light. Grab a meat stick and enjoy.
The Beefy Tomato Cocktail:
From: Alie Ward and Georgia Hardstark
Note: To infuse tequila with jerky flavor, soak the jerky in the liquor for at least an hour, though several days is best.
Makes: 2 drinks
4 ounces jerky-infused tequila
1 ripe red tomato
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
1/8 teaspoon horseradish
Jerky swizzle stick for garnish
1. In a blender, add the tomatoes, booze and spices; blend until smooth.
2. Pour over ice into a frosty Mason jar and garnish by placing a large piece of jerky in the glass.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Championship Burgers Revealed! L.A. Weekly's Ultimate Burger Bracket's Final...
- Starry Kitchen Is Returning With a Pop-Up Restaurant That Comes to You
- L.A. Weekly's Brunch at the Races Brings the Best Meal of the Day to Santa...
- David Asprey Wants You to Drink Coffee With Butter. Some Dismiss His Science (VIDEO)