A Recipe From the Chef: MovieRecipes.net's Pulp Fiction Vanilla Milkshake
MovieRecipes.net chef John Christenson's recipe for the vanilla milkshake from Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction does not come with coke, heroin or adrenaline (sorry), but it is a sublime version of a legal old school shake.
Turn the page for the recipe, read our interview with MovieRecipe.net founder Romain Vetter, and check out the site for not a few other movie food recipes, like the Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle sliders, or the I Love You Man fish tacos, or the Black Swan vanilla cake with strawberry frosting. Frosting is as scary as you want it to be, I guess.
Pulp Fiction milkshake
Pulp Fiction vanilla milkshake
From: chef John Christenson
2 cups vanilla bean or French vanilla ice cream
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup whole milk
1 ¼ teaspoons Bourbon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. For the whip cream workout start by adding chilled whipping cream into a large mixing bowl, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk the mixture vigorously until the mixture forms a peak. Pulling the whisk up out of the cream will result in a peak, letting you know you are good to go. Wrap and chill in the fridge.
2. For the shake combine ice cream, milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 4 tablespoons powdered sugar in a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour as desired in to a glass of your liking, dollop with whipped cream, a cherry if you like and a mint leaf.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Big Fat Jerks Set Rocio's Mole de los Dioses on Fire, McWhoppers for Peace and More:...
- Huitlacoche Is No Scourge In L.A. Here's Where to Find the Funky Mexican Corn Fungus
- No One Wants To Use Your Stupid Restaurant App
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our...