5 Weird Halloween Food Costumes
Halloween is only a few weeks away, meaning it's time to dry clean the old banana outfit or turn your bed sheet into a convincing ghost-like ensemble. But if those ideas are too easy or out-dated, check out these 5 Weird Halloween Food Costumes sure to make mouths water, or maybe just weird people out.
5. Sushi Roll Costume: Are this person's innards being exposed or are they just really into sushi? Catch more attention by gluing pieces of sushi to your body and walking around like this. Or dress like a sushi chef and flaunt some kitchen authority.
4. Bacon (and Eggs) Costume: The bacon costume is a respectable homage to one of God's greatest food gifts to this earth. But seeing the food in costume form makes it so unappealing. Where are the crisp, greasy accentuations? And dressing as eggs done over-easy? Boring. Dress as an omelette packed with meat, vegetables and cheese -- it's sure to earn some better tricks and treats.
3. The Taco Costume: The mainstream taco costume isn't necessarily weird, it's just not authentic. The Taco Bell taco is not a taco, and neither is this costume. Where's the cilantro, onion, salsa and carne asada? Dress up as one of these and we'll think you're less weird.
2. The Hamburger Costume: It's not an exact replica of the Hamburglar, but the pinstripe suit and the giant fast food commodity atop this guy's head enhance our typical notion of a hamburger thief. Seeing out of the headpiece may be tough, and it probably gets pretty sweaty, but this idea is too original and odd to pass up.
1. The Sugar Daddy Costume: Coinciding with the classic candy countdown, this outfit is great for anyone looking to intentionally creep people out during Halloween festivities. You'll get double, maybe triple, entendres from this sleazy outfit, so get one before all the sugar daddies snatch 'em up.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.