5 American Fast Food Items You Can't Get in America
While America may be known around the world as a fast food paradise, there are actually some menu items you can't get stateside. Here are our Top 5 oddities from abroad.
1. McDonald's Spaghetti and Fried Chicken (Philippines)
Fried chicken with a side order of spaghetti? Yes, please! McDonald's Philippines puts two great tastes that taste great together into one handy-dandy combo. Who wouldn't want to be asked, "Would you like spaghetti with that?"
2. Pizza Hut's English Style Pork Stew (China)
It's no secret the Chinese love pork (and, really, who doesn't?), but Pizza Hut China's "English-Style Pork Stew" may just set a new standard for parallel-dimension dining.
3. Subway's Herb Dog (Japan)
Again with the turkey, ham, and roast beef? Subway Japan's Herb Dog goes all-American with a greasy weenie on a bun. Why didn't we think of this!
4. KFC's Shrimp Zinger Burger (Korea)
You can order shrimp at KFC? Yes, you can, if you're in Korea. The Shrimp Zinger Burger is like the Korean equivalent of a Carl's Jr. Spicy Chicken Sandwich, but with shrimp. Meaning it's nothing like shrimp at all.
5. McDonald's Chicken Maharaja Mac (India)
Beef isn't exactly on the menu in India, what with the cow worship, so what's McDonald's to do? Chickenize, of course. Behold the Chicken Maharaja-Mac!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Big Fat Jerks Set Rocio's Mole de los Dioses on Fire, McWhoppers for Peace and More:...
- Huitlacoche Is No Scourge In L.A. Here's Where to Find the Funky Mexican Corn Fungus
- No One Wants To Use Your Stupid Restaurant App
- Help Us Determine L.A.'s Top Chefs, Tacos, Cocktails, Burgers, Brunch and More for Our...