30 Scoops in 30 Days: Pazzo Gelato (Day 20)
The other day we talked about the incredible pistachio gelato at Bulgarini. Today, it's all about the chocolate gelato at Pazzo. This small Silver Lake shop near Sunset Junction makes incredible, creamy gelato that's densely flavored and as soft as silk.
We're suckers for all of Pazzo's chocolate flavors, whether it's plain dark chocolate made with copious amounts of Valrhona or spiked with cayenne or a mellowed with toasted almonds.
The flavors range from primal and earthy (like a chevre and sour cherry so intense it might have come directly from the dam's teat), to note-perfect classics (like mango, pistachio and banana) to surprising, and surprisingly good, mash-ups like pineapple celery sorbet.
Pazzo also makes decent coffee, which means that although interior is small, the outdoor tables are a perfect a spot to while away a summer afternoon typing on a laptop or watching the scenery, a couple blocks removed from the bustling scene at Intelligentsia.
- Day 19: Bulgarini
- Day 18: Bennett's Ice Cream
- Day 17: GO Burger
- Day 16: Carvel 90210
- Day 15: Delicieuse
- Day 14: Manhattan Beach Creamery
- Day 13: Jerry's Soda Shoppe
- Day 12: N'ice Cream
- Day 11: Gelato Bar
- Day 10: Kind Kreme
- Day 9: Rite Aid
- Day 8: Saffron & Rose
- Day 7: Carmela Ice Cream
- Day 6: Mikawaya
- Day 5: Grom Gelateria
- Day 4: Sweet Rose Creamery
- Day 3: Fosselman's
- Day 2: Mateo's Ice Cream & Fruit Bars
- Day 1: Scoops Westside
- Day 0: It Begins!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Josiah Citrin's Ode to Fire Cooking, Charcoal, Opens Tomorrow in Venice
- A New Wave of L.A. Social Enterprises Serve Pizza and Coffee With Community in Mind
- SCI-Arc's Adorable Campus Cafe Is No College Cafeteria (And It's Open to the Public)
- In a City With Few Meat CSAs, Could This Box Be the Future of Grass-Fed Beef?