10 Thanksgiving Restaurant Takeout Options
We've given you dining out ideas for Thanksgiving, places to find globally inspired turkey and fixings, cocktail ideas and some great recipes (even one for Marilyn Monroe's stuffing) for your own kitchen. And you still don't have a plan for November 25? The easiest possible solution: Get take-out.
Here are 10 options for everything from fried to faux turkey, plus every Brussels sprouts dish under the sun to, yes, turkey-topped cupcakes. Check the websites for full menus, but know that most orders are due by Monday, so get on it.
1. At Ammo, get whole roasted Deistel Ranch heirloom turkeys and your choice of sides, including wild mushroom bread pudding; roasted squash with pumpkin-seed pesto; cheddar biscuits; giblet gravy; and apple-cranberry crisp for dessert. Orders are due by November 22 for pickup on November 24. 1155 North Highland Ave., Hollywood; (323) 467-3293; www.ammocafe.com.
2. For deep-fried turkey, The Deli at Little Dom's still has some available to order. Other to-go items include roasted Brussels sprouts with wild-boar bacon; fennel and sausage stuffing; sweet potato gratin; wood-oven roasted carrots with saba; and a slew of desserts. Orders must be in by November 23 for Thanksgiving Day pickup. 2128 Hillhurst Ave., Los Feliz; (323) 661-0055; www.littledoms.com.
3. Pick up your roast turkey with chestnut-apple stuffing, potato gratin, glazed carrots and homemade apple crisp at Church & State ($37 per person; minimum four people per order). You can also buy your wine to go--sommelier Sarah Clark suggests 2009 Domaine Labbé Abymes Vin de Savoie and the 2008 Chateau d'Oupia Vin de Pays "Les Hérétiques, both available for $20 per bottle. Orders must be in by November 21 for pickup on November 24th. 1850 Industrial St., Downtown; (213) 405-1434; www.churchandstatebistro.com.
4. Clementine has everything from snacks (dips, spiced nuts, butternut squash soup) to salads and sides (maple-glazed carrots, gravy, cranberry relish)--all you need is the turkey. Desserts are a must here: There are various pies, including a bake-your-own apple pie, plus bread pudding and cookies. Order by November 20 for November 23-24 pickup. 1751 Ensley Ave., Century City; (310) 552-1080; www.clementine.com.
5. Get roast turkey smothered in gravy, braised turkey legs, and even turkey meatballs at Huckleberry. SIdes include butternut squash and gruyere bread pudding, and even vegetable pot pie for the non-meat eaters. Of course, you'll get dessert here. Orders must be placed by November 21 for pickup on November 24. 1014 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica; (310) 451-2311; www.huckleberrycafe.com.
6. You take care of the turkey and Josie will fix the sides: quiche with wild mushrooms and gruyere cheese; baked bear and endive salad with English stilton; butternut squash soup; cornbread stuffing baby artichokes (for the vegetarians), and Josie Le Balch's father's famous sausage stuffing (for everyone else). Orders must be placed by November 23 for pickup on November 24. 2424 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica; (310) 581-9888; www.josierestaurant.com.
7. Don't want turkey? Comme Ca has bone-in garlic-and-herb crusted prime rib; rosemary and sage dressing with chestnuts and kumquats; duck-fat Yorkshire pudding; pommes puree; roasted beet salad with goat cheese and pistachios; and a pumpkin tart with chantilly cream for dessert. The beefy feast ($160) feeds 4 to 6 people. Orders must be placed by November 21 for pickup on November 24. 8479 Melrose Ave., West Hollywood; (323) 782-1104; www.commecarestaurant.com.
8. If you must do without meat, dairy, eggs or refined sugar, M Café de Chaya has you covered. Get savory sliced seitan with herbed bread stuffing, pan gravy and cranberry relish with a choice of sides, including whipped potatoes and rutabaga; mashed pumpkin with cous cous and raisins; and maple-glazed acorn squash and Brussels sprouts. Dinners are $60 (for two) and $110 (for four); sides can also be purchased a la carte. 7119 Melrose Ave., Hollywood; (323) 525-0588; www.mcafedechaya.com.
9. At Real Food Daily you'll get the full tempeh turkey meal, which includes a slew of vegetarian sides like sage cornbread stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes and parsnips, for $39.95 per person. Dinners include pumpkin pie with tofu whip (whole pies are also available for purchase). Orders must be placed by November 23 for pickup on November 24. 514 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, (310) 451-7544; and 414 N. La Cienega Blvd., West Hollywood, (310) 289-9910; www.realfoood.com.
10. And if you just need dessert, Magnolia Bakery offers curbside pickup (minimum: at least one dozen cupcakes or a $30 order). Get everything from your traditional pumpkin pie or apple with crumble crust, to chocolate pudding pie, pecan pie and pumpkin whoopie pies. Give at least one hour advance notice for same-day, and 48 hours notice for large orders. 8389 W. 3rd St., Los Angeles; (323) 951-0636; www.magnoliabakery.com.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Los Angeles dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- David Asprey Wants You to Drink Coffee With Butter. Some Dismiss His Science (VIDEO)
- Little Shanghai's Dumplings Are the Only Constant at This Rowland Heights Food Court
- The Future of Seafood: Is Wild Catch Going Extinct?
- L.A. Weekly's Ultimate Burger Bracket, the Final 4 Revealed — Plus, Your Chance to...