Whitney Houston Auction Will Put Vest From The Bodyguard, Other Items Up for Sale: Free Exhibition in Beverly Hills
Prized items once owned by Whitney Houston will be offered for sale at auction in Beverly Hills next month.
But even if you can't afford the clothing expected to sell for between $400 and $2,000, you can take a look. Julien's Auctions will put the fashion on public display in the 90210.
Should be interesting. The death of Whitney Houston has inspired a fan response not seen since Michael Jackson passed in 2009:
A temporary shrine to the singer was erected outside the Beverly Hilton following her death at the hotel Feb. 11. Fans also amassed outside Houston's memorial and subsequent burial in her native New Jersey.
The items for sale at auction include, according to a statement from Julien's:
- ... A Whitney Houston black velvet dress owned by Houston. The floor length long-sleeve dress has a high collar and is embellished at neck and waist with metallic silver ribbon, black and clear stones giving the illusion of a necklace and belt. (Est: $1,000 -$2,000) ...
- ... A Whitney Houston vest worn by Whitney Houston in the blockbuster film "The Bodyguard," (Warner Bros. 1992). The fitted vest has a floral pattern in gold, blue and pink, two exterior pockets, shawl collar and four button closure. Purchased by the end of production sale by the film's set costumer Janet Sobel (Est: $400-$600) ...
- ... A pair of pearl drop earrings also worn by Whitney Houston in The Bodyguard (Warner Bros. 1992), faux pearl with silver tone bead cap and euro clip with scallop (Est. $600-$800). Other items include jewelry and costumes from Houston's appearance in film and on stage.
The action, and the auction, happens Saturday, March 31 and Sunday, April 1. Register to bid here.
You can check out the items March 19 through the 31 at the auction house: 9665 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 150.
View Larger Map
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss LA Weekly's biggest stories.
- Labor Day DUI Crackdown Continues This Weekend
Fri., Sep. 4, 7:05pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 7:05pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:30pm
- Netflix Is Coming to Hollywood
- County Officials Inspected Kardashian Boat Before Fireworks, Coast Guard Says