Veronica Sylvester, SoCal Mom, Arrested After Her Girls Get Sick After Munching on Her Marijuana Cookie, Police Say
Two sisters ages 10 and 11 tested positive for marijuana after they ate their mom's pot cookie, cops say.
That mom is now in hot water: 33-year-old Veronica Sylvester was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, according to the Pasadena Star-News.
The Covina girls had returned home from school Monday and found the cookie on a kitchen counter wrapped in plastic and decided to try it, authorities said. Get this ...
... Cops said mom told them it was for medical use. But they say she does not have a doctor's recommendation.
UCLA Bruins Men's Baseball v California Bears Baseball
TicketsSat., Mar. 25, 12:01am
Los Angeles Clippers v Utah JAzz - Verified Resale Tickets
TicketsSat., Mar. 25, 12:30pm
Los Angeles D-Fenders vs. Santa Cruz Warriors
TicketsSat., Mar. 25, 6:30pm
Los Angeles Clippers v Sacramento Kings - Verified Resale Tickets
TicketsSun., Mar. 26, 12:30pm
"(The children) said they had numbness in their bodies and their skin was pale and clammy," Covina police Lt. Tim Doonan told the Star-News. "Both girls were taken to the hospital where toxicology tests yielded they were under the influence of marijuana."
Another medical marijuana success story.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.