Tracy Morgan Hospitalized After Becoming Unconscious During Reportedly 'Intoxicated' Appearance at Sundance Event
Updated at the bottom with Morgan saying that he's fine. First posted at 11:42 p.m. Sunday.
Tracy Morgan, the comedian who has fostered an image of himself as being on the edge of crazy, became unconscious during an awards ceremony during the Sundance Film Festival weekend in Park City, Utah and was hospitalized.
TMZ reported that a source said the 30 Rock star "appeared extremely intoxicated during his award acceptance speech."
He was taken ...
... to Park City Medical Center, ABC News reported.
He was being honored by the Creative Coalition Spotlight Awards and became unconscious shortly after his speech, according to TMZ.
The Hollywood Reporter said he received the Spotlight Initiative Award at the event.
[Added]: The Park City Medical Center and a rep for Morgan say no drugs or alcohol were involved, according to TMZ: The rep says "exhaustion and altitude" triggered his situation.
[Update at 3:25 p.m. Monday]: Morgan tweeted today that he's fine:
Superman ran into a little kryptonite. The high altitude in Utah shook up this kid from Brooklyn ... Thank U 2 the hospital staff. Back at work 2morrow shooting 30 Rock. Holla at me!
Despite the altitude defense, however, TMZ continues to report sightings of possible intoxication:
Multiple eyewitnesses claim Morgan was slurring his words during the event and appeared extremely intoxicated -- but a rep for the hospital where Morgan was subsequently treated insists ... neither drugs nor alcohol were found in the actor's system upon medical evaluation.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss LA Weekly's biggest stories.
- Valentine's Weekend DUI Checkpoints Hit Hollywood, Koreatown
Thu., Feb. 18, 7:30pm
Fri., Feb. 19, 2:00pm
Fri., Feb. 19, 6:00pm
Fri., Feb. 19, 7:30pm
- Watch the Porter Ranch Gas Leak Get Shut Down (VIDEO)
- Teen Raver Died From Ecstasy Intoxication, Coroner Says