Top 10 'Green Cars' Announced: Which One Is Your Roadside Status Symbol?
Remember when Escalades, Navigators and Hummers were all the rage? Dubs (20-inch-plus wheels), loud exhaust and bass music, right? Doesn't that seem like a million years ago? Today to be a true player in L.A., more modest hybrids are the status symbols to have.
Kelly Blue Book on Tuesday released its annual list of its "Top 10 Green Cars," and despite problems with alleged "sudden acceleration" and recalls, Toyota made it to the top:
1. Toyota Prius. The ubiquitous hybrid that seems to have defined the niche gets an average 50 miles per gallon.
2. Honda Insight. Another hybrid, this one boasts 41 miles per gallon.
UCLA Men's Soccer v Oregon State & UCLA Women's Soccer v Stanford
TicketsThu., Oct. 26, 4:30pm
CSUN Womens Soccer
TicketsThu., Oct. 26, 7:00pm
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Toronto Raptors
TicketsFri., Oct. 27, 7:30pm
UCLA Women's Soccer v California & UCLA Men's Soccer v Washington
TicketsSun., Oct. 29, 1:00pm
South Bay Lakers vs. Northern Arizona Suns
TicketsSun., Oct. 29, 7:00pm
3. Ford Fusion Hybrid. A Ford? Yes. An average 39 mpg.
4. Volkswagen Golf TDI. A turbocharged diesel makes the list for its "clean" emissions and 34 mpg.
5. Mini Cooper. L.A. hipsters delight! This BMW-made toy car gets 32 mpg.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.