Top 10 Facebook Check-Ins For 2012 Shows Southern California On Top
Leslie Kalohi / Flickr
America loves Southern California, at least according to Facebook's end-of-the-year data.
Of the social networking site's recently revealed 10 most popular domestic "check-ins" for 2012, three of the locations are in Southern California, beating out any other region.
Top spots include:
Disneyland (number 2), Dodger Stadium (number 7), and Angel Stadium (number 10).
New York's Times Square took the top check-in spot, and Yankee Stadium ranked fourth.
Universal Studios made the list, but not our own attraction in Universal City: The Florida facsimile ranked eighth.
BobbyGibbons / Flickr
Interestingly, if you look at it this way, Orange County tied New York for top check-in attractions. Here's the full list:
1. Times Square, New York
2. Disneyland, California
3. AT&T Park, California
4. Yankee Stadium, New York
5. Rangers Ballpark, Texas
6. Fenway Park, Massachusetts
7. Dodger Stadium, California
8. Universal Studios, Florida
9. Wrigley Field, Illinois
10. Angel Stadium, California
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss LA Weekly's biggest stories.
- Kabbalah Centre and Its Former Rabbi to the Stars to Pay $177,500 in Sexual Battery Suit
- Bicycle Is Returned to Child, but Alleged Bully Bike Thief Is Still On the Loose
- Thanksgiving Travelers Will Enjoy Lowest Gas Prices Since Early 2009