The Mains Break Mainly on the Plains of L.A.
They're at it again -- L.A.'s latest water mains to break and flood are, according to the L.A. Times, at Corbin Avenue in Warner Center (2:30 a.m.) and at Burbank Boulevard in Winnetka (4:30 a.m.).
The L.A. Daily News recaps that neither of today's two Valley ruptures has resulted in street closures. Six other locations have been the scenes of recent pipe breaks:
- September 15, Exposition Boulevard near 11th Avenue.
- September 12, Melrose Avenue near Fairfax High School.
- September 11, Vermont Knolls, South L.A.
- September 9, Fairfax District, where a pair of water lines broke.
- September 8, Valley Village near Laurel Canyon Boulevard, which created a sinkhole that partly swallowed a fire truck.
- September 5, Studio City, where a 95-year-old, 64-inch trunk line ruptured, shutting down Coldwater Canyon for a week.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Los Angeles, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.